Welcome to my blog !!!!!Latest Gossips and Information rocking the air wave in Owerri

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

sport news

Thomas Vermaelen: Back from injury and raring to go

Sky Bet

Thomas Vermaelen insists he is ready for first-team action after making his long-awaited return from injury on Tuesday.
Vermaelen played for 84 minutes against Bolton in the Carling Cup, his first match in two months, before a slight calf strain forced him off.
With no concerns over the calf problem, Vermaelen insists he is ready to step into the starting line-up for their Premier League clash with Chelsea this Saturday.
"I feel great," Vermaelen told Arsenal's official website.
"I trained with the team and I felt good straight away so I felt confident.
"Personally I don't believe in that [needing games to regain sharpness]. If I come back from injury after a long time I don't believe in coming back and getting rhythm.
"I think it is just in your head and a mental thing - if you are a football player you have to be there straight away. That's why I wanted to play today and I think it's good.
"It was a good game for us, we fought hard and it was a deserved win for us I think."

Post Comment

*All fields required, your email address will be kept private

Related

Related Articles

Vermaelen scare for Arsenal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger hopes Thomas Vermaelen's latest injury is not a serious problem, but the defender will not be involved in Saturday lunchtime's derby at Chelsea.

Vermaelen boost for Gunners

Thomas Vermaelen is back in full training with Arsenal but the club are still waiting to discover the full extent of Carl Jenkinson's knee injury.

Vermaelen pens new deal

Arsenal have been boosted by the news that Thomas Vermaelen has signed a new long-term contract.
Quantcast

Most Popular

Features

Carling Cup

Carling Cup

Pictures from Tuesday's Carling Cup action, including Man United's victory over Aldershot.
Premier League

Premier League

Pictures from Sunday's Premier League action featuring Man City's epic victory over Man Utd.
Forward fireworks

Forward fireworks

Kammy doffs his hat to City's strikeforce but is left scratching his head at two reds that don't make a right.

Missing Men

Play Missing Men

Arsenal

West Ham's 3-1 Premier League win over Blackburn in 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment